Why do the juices come frozen?
• We flash freeze our juice to maintain its shelf life without destroying its nutrients or flavors. Flash freezing maintains the high quality of the juice, allowing you to benefit from its wide range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and enzymes when you are ready to thaw and drink.
• The shelf life for fresh juice is a short 3 days, but frozen juice will last in your freezer for up to six months.
What do I do when I receive my package?
• Either place your juices in your refrigerator to thaw and drink within 3 days, or place the juices in your freezer until you are ready to drink them!
What is in your juice? Do you add any water?
• Our juices are cold-pressed and crafted from 100% fruits and veggies. There is never any water added, all the liquid comes from the cold-press process!
I already juice at home, how is your juice any different?
• Our fruits and vegetables are ground and pressed using a commercial juicer. There is no heat involved in the process like there are with home juicing equipment, so all of the nutrients are preserved in our juices.
Since your juices don't contain any pulp am I missing out on fiber?
• There are 2 main types of fiber in fruits and vegetables; insoluble and soluble.
• Insoluble fiber adds bulk to the stool, helps to keep the bowels regular, fills you up and speeds up digestive process. Insoluble fiber includes cellulose, hemicellulose and lignins. This is mostly removed from cold-pressed juice although it is still present in small amounts.
• Soluble fiber absorbs water like a sponge and provides bulking matter that acts as a prebiotic to support good bacterial growth and digestive health. It also regulates blood sugar levels, may lower cholesterol, slows the digestive process and helps fill you up. Soluble fibers include pectins, gums and mucilage. This is present in the juice.
• When you remove the insoluble fiber by cold-pressing the juice, you are left with the fluid part of the fruits and vegetables, allowing easier assimilation and absorption of vitamins, minerals and other important phytonutrients in your body, since insoluble fiber slows down the absorption of many micronutrients.
Are your juices pasteurized?
• Our juices are not pasteurized so we can keep the enzymes and good bacteria alive! The juices are cold-pressed and immediately flash frozen in order to preserve the nutrients.
How long does it take to thaw the juices?
• Juice thawing times are approximately 24 hours in the refrigerator. Frozen juices left at room temperature should take about 4-6 hours to become slushy (do not let juices reach room temperature). Juices should be left in the fridge no longer than 48 hours once they are completely thawed.
• If you plan on drinking the juice immediately, the quickest way to thaw it is to submerge the frozen bottle in a container of hot tap water. This process normally takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
Does the juice expire?
• When kept frozen, juices will last up to 6 months. Once completely thawed they will last 48 hours, and should be consumed very cold. Try to drink your thawed juice within 3-4 days to make sure you are getting the most out of the nutrients.
Can I refreeze juices that have already been thawed?
• We do not recommend refreezing any juice that has been thawed. We recommend only thawing out one day of juices at a time.
How are WYSIWYG juices different than the ones I can get from the store?
• Our juices are 100% raw, cold pressed, filtered, unpasteurized, bottled and flash frozen in our commercial kitchen, and contain no additives or preservatives of any kind.
How much or how often should I drink juices?
• How much juice you drink and when is up to you. The nice thing about cold-pressed juice is how quickly your body is able to digest it. This makes it a great snack or even an occasional meal replacement.
• We recommend starting slowly if you have never tried raw juice before. Try one or two per day with or between meals. Once you become a more experienced juicer, you can work it into your diet more frequently.
What if my juice is thawed upon receiving it via delivery?
• Although this is uncommon, it is possible that some juices may thaw more than expected during the shipping process. In most cases, your juice can be refrozen without consequence, as long as there is still ice in the bottle. If your juice is completely thawed with no ice on the day you receive it, please contact us for assistance.
How do I choose the right cleanse for me?
• The cleanse you choose will depend on your lifestyle, level of juicing experience, and your goals for cleansing. If you need assistance choosing the best cleanse for your needs, please contact us and we are happy to help!
Why should I cleanse?
• It can kick start weight loss.
• Strengthen the immune system.
• Increase energy levels.
• Increase or improve digestion function and health.
• Improve mental clarity.
• Improve skin and hair health.
How do I prepare for my cleanse?
• Eliminate or decrease caffeine, alcohol, dairy, red meat, sugar, excess salt, white flour and bread products to help your body with the transition into your cleanse.
• Start loading up on fruits and vegetables. This will also ease the transition.
• Clear your calendar of events and situations that may make cleansing a challenge.
• Cleanse with a friend - we are better together!
• We recommend choosing to cleanse during a work filled time, as free time is very difficult when you are not eating.
How do I cleanse?
• First thing in the morning, start with a tall glass of water with one tablespoon of raw, apple cider vinegar and ½ a squeezed lemon. This is very alkalizing and the glutamine helps the liver drive away toxins. Repeat this at lunch and dinner.
• When your body feels ready for something more, begin drinking a bottle of WYSIWYG juice. We will mark them in a specific order for consumption. This order is to help you get the most our of your cleanse as well as function optimally during the day. Drink one WYSIWYG juice every 2-3 hours.
• With each juice, drink an ounce of WYSIWYG nut milk. This aids in vitamin and mineral absorption, supplies healthy fats and stabilizes blood sugars.
• In the evening, before bed, consumer the remaining ½ bottle of WYSIWYG nut milk. This will keep you full and satisfied during the night.How much water should I drink?
• Consume as much water as possible throughout the day, at least 8 glasses. Try drinking 2-4 cups of warm water, add a squeeze of lemon or a dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt. This hydrates your lymph nodes, aids in digestion, boosts your immune system balances pH levels and aids in weight loss. Hot or cold green tea (decaffeinated) is an excellent source of antioxidants.
What if I get hungry?
• This is not a starvation diet. This is an opportunity for you to reconnect to your beautiful, unique body and mind. The goal is to establish (or re-establish) healthy habits and give yourself the gift of excellent nutrition. Listen to your body and mind- are you really hungry? Or are you hungry for something other than food, like companionship, self-care or positive emotions? If so, seek those things.
• You also may be thirsty, thirst can feel a lot like hunger. Drink a glass of water. However, if your body says, yes I am most definitely hungry for food, feel free to eat more calories (using the suggestions listed) or pick up an extra WYSIWYG juice if you need it.
• If you want to visit with someone about hunger, please stop in! We are great listeners and can answer any questions and offer support during your cleanse.
Can I exercise when I cleanse?
• While you cleanse, we recommend lighter activities such as yoga, Pilates, and walking. Intense or heavy exercise during a cleanse can take away from the benefits you may reap. If you must exercise intensely during your cleanse, you will need to consume more calories.
Some good options include:
• Avocado with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt before you drink a juice
• One tablespoon of almond butter
• One tablespoon of coconut oil in hot tea or lemon water
• Plant-based protein powder
• An additional WYSIWYG nut milk
What should I eat after my cleanse?
While you cleanse, and are enjoying a break from food prep and grocery shopping, we believe there is a great opportunity to begin planning for what you will eat the day after your cleanse is complete.
What you eat after your cleanse is equally as important as doing the cleanse itself!
Your healthy choices will help support your body to continue to detoxify and create healthy habits for life! You have made a great investment in yourself with your juice cleanse, and it is important to ease back in to eating whole, healthy foods slowly and with intention.
• Eat three small meals that consist of easy to digest foods
• Fresh vegetables-such as salads, you can also steam or lightly sauté vegetables using Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil and add herbs and spices. Another soothing option is a vegetable soup. An easy salad dressing is olive oil with lemon, garlic, salt and pepper.
• Fresh fruits that are full of water such as watermelon, papaya and citrus fruits
• Incorporate nuts or nut butters
• Continue to drink lots of water! Especially squeezed with fresh lemon to help your body continue to detoxify. Herbal teas can help ease the transition for your digestive system.
• Continue all that you did on Day 1 and add in healthy, whole grains such as quinoa or brown rice. Starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes. Beans and legumes may also be added.
• You can introduce dairy in your diet if you wish. Make sure it is organic, unsweetened and unflavored. Eggs can also be introduced.
Day 4 and beyond:
• Add healthy proteins of meat, fish or poultry or tofu.
• Keep your portions small as you start eating again. Consume one juice a day. This is your multi-vitamin!
• Pay attention to any reactions in your body from the foods you eat. If they affect you adversely, consider cutting them out of your diet for a short while and trying them at a later time to see if you have the same reaction.
• Try to avoid caffeine and alcohol for at least another week while your liver is continuing to help your body detoxify.
• READ LABELS! If you can’t pronounce it, don’t know what it is, don’t put it in your body! Choose your food thoughtfully and try to avoid refined sugars, processed foods, preservatives, chemicals and “natural flavors”.
• Contact us!! We love to talk with you about where you are in your journey of health and love to answer your questions.