How do I choose the right cleanse for me?
• The cleanse you choose will depend on your lifestyle, level of juicing experience, and your goals for cleansing. If you need assistance choosing the best cleanse for your needs, please contact us and we are happy to help!
Why should I cleanse?
• It can kick start weight loss.
• Strengthen the immune system.
• Increase energy levels.
• Increase or improve digestion function and health.
• Improve mental clarity.
• Improve skin and hair health.
How do I prepare for my cleanse?
• Eliminate or decrease caffeine, alcohol, dairy, red meat, sugar, excess salt, white flour and bread products to help your body with the transition into your cleanse.
• Start loading up on fruits and vegetables. This will also ease the transition.
• Clear your calendar of events and situations that may make cleansing a challenge.
• Cleanse with a friend - we are better together!
• We recommend choosing to cleanse during a work filled time, as free time is very difficult when you are not eating.
How do I cleanse?
• First thing in the morning, start with a tall glass of water with one tablespoon of raw, apple cider vinegar and ½ a squeezed lemon. This is very alkalizing and the glutamine helps the liver drive away toxins. Repeat this at lunch and dinner.
• When your body feels ready for something more, begin drinking a bottle of WYSIWYG juice. We will mark them in a specific order for consumption. This order is to help you get the most our of your cleanse as well as function optimally during the day. Drink one WYSIWYG juice every 2-3 hours.
• With each juice, drink an ounce of WYSIWYG nut milk. This aids in vitamin and mineral absorption, supplies healthy fats and stabilizes blood sugars.
• In the evening, before bed, consumer the remaining ½ bottle of WYSIWYG nut milk. This will keep you full and satisfied during the night.How much water should I drink?
• Consume as much water as possible throughout the day, at least 8 glasses. Try drinking 2-4 cups of warm water, add a squeeze of lemon or a dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt. This hydrates your lymph nodes, aids in digestion, boosts your immune system balances pH levels and aids in weight loss. Hot or cold green tea (decaffeinated) is an excellent source of antioxidants.
What if I get hungry?
• This is not a starvation diet. This is an opportunity for you to reconnect to your beautiful, unique body and mind. The goal is to establish (or re-establish) healthy habits and give yourself the gift of excellent nutrition. Listen to your body and mind- are you really hungry? Or are you hungry for something other than food, like companionship, self-care or positive emotions? If so, seek those things.
• You also may be thirsty, thirst can feel a lot like hunger. Drink a glass of water. However, if your body says, yes I am most definitely hungry for food, feel free to eat more calories (using the suggestions listed) or pick up an extra WYSIWYG juice if you need it.
• If you want to visit with someone about hunger, please stop in! We are great listeners and can answer any questions and offer support during your cleanse.
Can I exercise when I cleanse?
• While you cleanse, we recommend lighter activities such as yoga, Pilates, and walking. Intense or heavy exercise during a cleanse can take away from the benefits you may reap. If you must exercise intensely during your cleanse, you will need to consume more calories.
Some good options include:
• Avocado with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt before you drink a juice
• One tablespoon of almond butter
• One tablespoon of coconut oil in hot tea or lemon water
• Plant-based protein powder
• An additional WYSIWYG nut milk
What should I eat after my cleanse?
While you cleanse, and are enjoying a break from food prep and grocery shopping, we believe there is a great opportunity to begin planning for what you will eat the day after your cleanse is complete.
What you eat after your cleanse is equally as important as doing the cleanse itself!
Your healthy choices will help support your body to continue to detoxify and create healthy habits for life! You have made a great investment in yourself with your juice cleanse, and it is important to ease back in to eating whole, healthy foods slowly and with intention.
• Eat three small meals that consist of easy to digest foods
• Fresh vegetables-such as salads, you can also steam or lightly sauté vegetables using Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil and add herbs and spices. Another soothing option is a vegetable soup. An easy salad dressing is olive oil with lemon, garlic, salt and pepper.
• Fresh fruits that are full of water such as watermelon, papaya and citrus fruits
• Incorporate nuts or nut butters
• Continue to drink lots of water! Especially squeezed with fresh lemon to help your body continue to detoxify. Herbal teas can help ease the transition for your digestive system.
• Continue all that you did on Day 1 and add in healthy, whole grains such as quinoa or brown rice. Starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes. Beans and legumes may also be added.
• You can introduce dairy in your diet if you wish. Make sure it is organic, unsweetened and unflavored. Eggs can also be introduced.
Day 4 and beyond:
• Add healthy proteins of meat, fish or poultry or tofu.
• Keep your portions small as you start eating again. Consume one juice a day. This is your multi-vitamin!
• Pay attention to any reactions in your body from the foods you eat. If they affect you adversely, consider cutting them out of your diet for a short while and trying them at a later time to see if you have the same reaction.
• Try to avoid caffeine and alcohol for at least another week while your liver is continuing to help your body detoxify.
• READ LABELS! If you can’t pronounce it, don’t know what it is, don’t put it in your body! Choose your food thoughtfully and try to avoid refined sugars, processed foods, preservatives, chemicals and “natural flavors”.
• Contact us!! We love to talk with you about where you are in your journey of health and love to answer your questions.